At Designer Rugs, we’re passionate about design, and love to surround ourselves with people who share the same passion.
Please see below for any current opportunities across our head office and showrooms.
Part Time Showroom Sales Consultant & Visual Merchandiser | Brisbane
We have an opportunity for a creative, dynamic salesperson with a great sales record to join the Brisbane team as our part time showroom sales consultant. Our showroom is relocating to the bustling James St precinct, and we are looking for a new team member to join us as we move onward and upward! Designer Rugs has been an industry leader for over 30 years, and are known for their unique designs and exclusive designer collaborations such as Dinosaur Designs, Catherine Martin, Akira Isogawa and many more.
Our showroom consultant should embody the sophistication and passion for design that Designer Rugs stands for. The right candidate will have both retail experience and an outgoing personality. You will join the showroom sales team in achieving targets and creating an unforgettable experience for our customers. If you have a flair for visual merchandising, interiors and design, a passion for excellent customer service and strive for a career in the premium retail space, this is the role for you!
To be considered for the role the ideal candidate must have:
- At least 3 years retail experience (interiors or architectural products experience highly regarded)
- A proven track record of sales success.
- Immaculate presentation.
- Physically fit (some lifting of rugs required)
- Reliable and available for one day of the weekend and holiday cover (essential)
- A keen interest in and knowledge of design and interiors – we are looking for someone with a passion for design.
- Confidence, eloquence, and first-rate customer service skills required.
- A positive attitude, showing initiative and drive.
- The ability to work well in a team.
- Experience in Microsoft Office Suite.
If you are interested in working in supportive and rewarding culture, and have the necessary sales experience then we would like to hear from you. Full product training will be provided.
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Warehouse and Showroom Assistant | Brisbane
We have an opportunity for a part time showroom and warehouse assistant to join our Brisbane team.
Our warehouse and showroom assistant not only keeps our retail space organized and tidy and has a good attitude with customers, but keeps things running smoothly behind the scenes with deliveries and warehousing.
- Lifting and carrying rugs and packages
- Packing rugs
- Maintaining an organized warehouse space
- Assisting in arranging rugs in the showroom
- Greet customers and assist with retail sales
- Answer phones/take messages as required.
- Other occasional additional duties as directed by the Showroom Manager.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Be well presented
- Be physically fit and able to lift a minimum of 20kg
- Be able to work Saturdays and at least one weekday
- Have some experience in a retail or warehouse environment
- Have the ability to work independently but also be a team player
- Be punctual and hard working
- Be able to follow instructions in an efficient manner
- Take initiative to better the showroom and its processes.
- Understand and speak English with high proficiency
If you are interested in working in supportive culture with a great team, and have the necessary skills then we would like to hear from you.
Please send your CV to email@example.com to apply.